Monday 10 August 2009

Sorry everyone.....I know I was not regular and have lot of catch up to do but I must share something with you guys. I was browsing the net the other day and I stumbled upon this website - http://www.cyberkerala.com/


I must say it is one of the best site for any information or artworks of our own great painters.




I also got inspired by one of Raja Ravi Vermas painting and I couldn't resist myself....and guys I painted it as a small tribute to this Prince among painters....I am hence dedicating this post to him.






Raja Ravi Varma (1848-1906) was born in Kilimanoor Palace as the son of Umamba Thampuratti and Ezhumavil Neelakandan Bhattathiripad. At the age of seven years he started drawing on the palace walls using charcoal. His uncle Raja Raja Varma noticed the talent of the child and gave preliminary lessons on painting. At the age of 14, Ayilyam Thirunal Maharaja took him to Travancore Palace and he was taught water painting by the palace painter Rama Swamy Naidu. After 3 years Theodor Jenson, a British painter taught him oil painting.
Most of his oil paintings are based on Hindu epic stories and characters. In 1873 he won the First Prize at the Madras Painting Exhibition. He became a world famous Indian painter after winning in 1873 Vienna Exhibition.
Many of his oil paintings are classic and his unique Indian style has later influenced artists and designers worldwide, including me.


I played around with my blog layout. I want to to have a nice background now.

This is what I am doing today:

learning all about hyperlinks

finish a painting!


After few days Ganpati Bappa is coming home to all of us.....before that happy Janmashtami n watch out for my Independence day painting.......
will keep you all updated...
till then happy viewing.....stay fit.


4 comments:

  1. Its a very beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. These comments pep me up to do more of these and better.
    Do see mhy next post about Ganesh Chaturthi....Am still working on it...take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good attempt... I specially liked the simplicity that u have emphasized here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Hema. I was also inspired by the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online